28 September 2008

if it weren't for hard luck . . .

Yay!
  • My students/hundreds of hugs every week;
  • My family;
  • My friends;
  • Mom having my enormous diploma framed;
  • PAID on Tuesday (!!!!);
  • Turning 25 = Straight Edge for 9 years;
  • Gettin' mah grill fixed;
  • Gettin' tattooed (?);
  • Gettin' a pup;
  • Losing weight;
  • All the movies (coming) out;
  • Champ touring with Have Heart/seeing Europe;
  • Halloween in a month!!!!

Boo.

  • Falling down the stairs (again) this morning;
  • Irreparable damage being done to the right member of my most favorite pair of flips;
  • http://www.scrabulous.com/ disappearing off the face of the internet;
  • Living 20+ minutes away from everyone I love;
  • My students' nutcase parents;
  • Working at Love T. Nolan Germ Factory;
  • FCSS suddenly cancelling Blue Cross/being forced to find a new health insurance provider ASAP;
  • Bills of every sort;
  • (I really don't even need to say it, but) Gas;
  • My mom trying to set me up with her dentist's son . . . her dentist's accountant son;
  • Turning 25;
  • Best friend gone for three months/my birthday;
  • 3,600 grades due in less than three weeks.

I am furiously writing lesson plans and assessments. I will be stuck at home grading for the next few weeks; come hang out with me. You can help me write mean notes to parents and I will make you din-din.

EDIT:

I watched the debates Friday and I have to admit I was not impressed. The only time I clapped was during Obama's explanation that a federal spending freeze is not, in fact, a good idea because there are too many smaller/fledgling but important government programs with limited funding now--like Early Childhood Education--that would be seriously negatively impacted by a cut in spending, especially one that significant.

Of course, the first debate was focused on foreign policy--although, domestic issues were brought up repeatedly. I'm looking forward to the remaining debates. Definitely interested to see what both candidates have to say about education reform--NCLB, in particular.

And you better believe I'll be watching the Vice Presidential debate this week. But almost strictly for its entertainment value; that mother fucker is a trainwreck waiting to happen. It totally has that so-horrible-but-can't-look-away-phenomenon written all over it. Hahaha. Weeee!

Back to work!

No comments: