23 March 2010

independence.

Mass email today from FCBOE Human Resources detailing the RIF (Reduction in Force) process, criteria, timeline. I don't know if I feel better or worse as a result. At this point, I don't really feel anything. I think I've shut down--which is typical. Self-preservation. It's better to avoid reaction than either of the other two available options: pretend everything's fine only to find out later OR assume the worst and stress myself out until I can hardly function.

I haven't talked much about how these budget cuts affect me and my career; not on here anyway. Frankly, I'm not entirely sure yet. And the possibility of losing a job I love is part of the reason I've been absent lately. I'm busier than ever. Half my extended family being in failing health doesn't exactly feed my desire to socialize, either. Thoroughly bummed. I should find out soon about work, though.

On a lighter note, I was the recipient of the Valor and Virtue Mentor On The Rise award this weekend. I was really flattered and excited. And so glad my parents were there to see it.

I am going to attempt to make it to tonight's show.

God. Fuck. I don't know. Maybe I won't. I should.

Shower.

No comments: