04 August 2010

hi, hater(s).

It's uncanny the shit people come up with and the things they'll believe, 1) without considering the source and 2) somehow completely ignoring their own preexisting biases. That's some fucking talent. If you've never had more than a handful of conversations with someone, suffice it to say you don't KNOW them and probably shouldn't make judgments about their character, especially all out in the open like that. Way to show your ass.

I don't know how many times I can reiterate how completely untroubled I am by other people's negative opinions of me, particularly the opinions that are altogether unfounded--or in this case, founded in some resentful bullshit. I am comfortable with myself. I'm proud of my accomplishments and well aware of my shortcomings. And I don't have these letters tattooed between my fingers for nothing. The only person that ever gets me down on myself is me. Never the collective You. Trust.

Was pissed. Now I'm amused. Anyway.

I completely forgot about the four-way tie in putt putt last night; 57's all around! So much fun.

Hung out in my classroom today and space planned. Went to the dollar store and Wally World for some bargain-priced provisions. I found the coolest kids paper-making kit for $5.00 at Wal-Mart. I'll probably go back and get a couple more. Going again tomorrow. Lesson planning tonight. I am unbelievably excited about this schoolyear. Third year is a charm!

An hour on the phone? So weird. Like I'm 16 again. Maybe Chattanooga together next week???? And an invite to MS around my birthday/Thanksgiving. I am a happy girl.

I can't decide what to have for dinner. All I can think about right now is orange juice.

No comments: