27 September 2009

this is how strong my love is.

Super irritable. Irritated. Annoyed. I feel my lip curling involuntarily.

I know I'm not perfect. But lately, the actions of some of the people I hold close to me and consider friends have been nothing short of obnoxious.

Dishonesty. Omission. Flirtation. Manipulation.

I hate--hate--devoting time and energy and genuine emotion giving advice and realizing later it's in one ear and out the other. Or blatantly disregarded. It is draining. I've resolved to myself that my effort is rarely reciprocated. But I'll be goddamned if it's not appreciated.

If you can't trust the people you care about . . .

I'm also becoming more and more content in the business of being single. I'm sorry I'm not willing to talk to any and every boy that crosses my path, play games, treat love interests like shit, and/or give it up at another's beckon call. If that's what it takes to land a boyfriend, I'm fine, thanks.

Ugh. Anyway. I know I'm getting another straight edge tattoo this birthday. But I don't know what. It's a big deal, this year is. Scott asked if I'm determined to have it done by a straight edge tattoo artist. The thought had crossed my mind. But I don't think I know any? Lars, maybe? But he's just starting.

Should not have had coffee this evening.

No comments: