Getting sick. Goddamnit. Haven't felt well since the day after the show. Stayed out too late in all that cigarette smoke. Yeghk. Eatin' Cipro and drinkin' tea, trying to get better before the week starts.
Writing lesson plans. Excited about them. Beaded necklaces with 1st; Indonesian shadow puppets with 2nd; Pre-Columbian animal effigy bowls with 3rd; Frank Stella paper sculptures with 4th; and clay story looms with 5th--to be woven later.
When I know my students are really interested in the lesson I'm teaching--they're actually quiet and attentive and asking all sorts of awesome questions--I get chills. I get so fucking stoked when they're excited about learning something new.
Nap. maybe? Probably not.
Also, within a thirty minute time span today, I got a hug from a strange baby on a leash at Starbucks on Moreland and punked out five teenaged shitheads. What the hell. Only in Little Five.

No comments:
Post a Comment