School sucked. Every class was off the walls. Something in the water.
Then, a huge staff meeting about two--possibly three--more furlough days this schoolyear. I think there was a collective, "Fuck it . . . " in the air immediately afterward. I've never seen the parking lot clear out so fast. Ha.
Dinner with Rachel was good, though. We had coffee and ran into Grant and Mickey.
When we were leaving, I got a phone call telling me I've been nominated as Mentor of the Year by a local organization? I was blown away. They asked me to give them some background information (how long I've been teaching/nannying, personal references, etc.) and told me the award ceremony is in March, they'll send me some more information soon.
Crazy. I'm flabbergasted. It made my day much better, though. So did Klint telling me he's, "one of the top fellows in [his] program." Super excited for him.
Fellini's with some gurls.

No comments:
Post a Comment