Have been to a lot of shows lately. I like it.
Pop punk show earlier this week or last. Title Fight. Witnessed a weird, sloppy, drunken punk rock fight Friday night. Was at the Warehouse for most of the show yesterday.
I actually enjoyed a lot of the bands--the ones I saw. I am excited that Atlanta has such an impressive roster of hardcore/punk bands, in quality and quantity. For a long time there were only one or two acts outta this city and not a lot of draw.
Also excited that the turnout in recent months has been consistent. Tomas was right: this whole thing happens in waves. Good shows, lots of kids for an extended period of time--and then, nothing. Whether over months or years--and I've seen both--it's disheartening when things slow down, but really great when they pick back up again. I think the good attendance right now is a direct reflection of the hardwork being put into that venue of ours. I love it.
More excited still that little Mickey Goodman was 1) moshing with a 40 oz in his hand and 2) stage-diving for Foundation. With his mean face on and everything. Soo good. Could not stop laughing.
Need to write lesson plans. Do not want.
I'ma eat some mac and cheese.

No comments:
Post a Comment