Dear Kelly Traynor,
I can completely understand and empathize your situation. I just spoke with your father and I told him that since I was not the property manager for your property, I was not in the complete loop of what is going on with the status. I told your father that I would call him back. He had some other questions and inquired about breaking the lease and also inquired on the move in inspection.
Basically in a nutshell, I told him that when we do a move-in walk through inspections, it basically is just noting any defects and condition of the property at the time of move in, but is not a maintenance request to fix those items. A maintenance business card was attached to your move in file in the event you have a maintenance request and that you could call if you have a maintenance problem.
While we certainly can assist you with another property that we have in our inventory, the question is whether the current owner is willing to let you off of your current lease. I spoke with the owner and he empathized and sympathized the situation, but was not willing to de-rail from the terms on the lease agreement. Unfortunately we as real estate agents can only enforce with what was signed on the lease contract. You could break your lease, but would have to comply with what the lease agreement states and the penalties involved in breaking it. If both parties agree to change the terms, then we could enforce the new changes, but the you and the landlord are currently not in accordance with negotiating terms, so therefore we are forced to uphold the current lease.
Let me know what your intentions are and I will most certainly will be able to assist you with whatever we are able to do.
I can completely understand and empathize your situation. I just spoke with your father and I told him that since I was not the property manager for your property, I was not in the complete loop of what is going on with the status. I told your father that I would call him back. He had some other questions and inquired about breaking the lease and also inquired on the move in inspection.
Basically in a nutshell, I told him that when we do a move-in walk through inspections, it basically is just noting any defects and condition of the property at the time of move in, but is not a maintenance request to fix those items. A maintenance business card was attached to your move in file in the event you have a maintenance request and that you could call if you have a maintenance problem.
While we certainly can assist you with another property that we have in our inventory, the question is whether the current owner is willing to let you off of your current lease. I spoke with the owner and he empathized and sympathized the situation, but was not willing to de-rail from the terms on the lease agreement. Unfortunately we as real estate agents can only enforce with what was signed on the lease contract. You could break your lease, but would have to comply with what the lease agreement states and the penalties involved in breaking it. If both parties agree to change the terms, then we could enforce the new changes, but the you and the landlord are currently not in accordance with negotiating terms, so therefore we are forced to uphold the current lease.
Let me know what your intentions are and I will most certainly will be able to assist you with whatever we are able to do.
(In)Sincerely,
An Apathetic Prick and the Money-Grubbing Asshole He Represents

No comments:
Post a Comment