My house was broken into today.
Sometime between 8:00 and 12:00, they busted out the window in my back door, tore my house up, stole all (70+ of) my dvds, dvd player, digital camera, and laptop. They also let my cat out. I haven't seen her since.
My laptop has everything on it. Every paper I wrote in college. Every lesson plan and PowerPoint. My digital portfolio. Pictures of artwork I don't have anymore. Pictures of family and friends.
But fuck all that. It's my cat going missing that kills me. I'm scared to stay in my house so I'm at Mom and Dad's. I left the garage door cracked for her; I don't give a fuck if they steal every piece of furniture and all my fucking food. I just want my cat back.
I took everything of value with me this afternoon. The cops didn't do a goddamned thing.
Oh, right. And they left one of my bras hanging from the ceiling fan in my bedroom. Talk about adding insult to injury . . .
I don't know. I can't think straight. I paced all afternoon. Or sat at my dining room table with my head in my arms and cried. I have a terrible headache from grinding my teeth. I found out the girl that lives right next door to me was held at gunpoint behind our houses a couple of weeks ago. And that at least five people on the other side of the neighborhood have been broken into.
Whatever. I'm getting a, EDIT: "MOTHER Fuck College Park," tattoo in the near future. And moving the hell outta that house.
Thank you so much to everyone who offered to come down and help move/clean or give me a place to crash. I can't express how genuinely appreciative I am.

2 comments:
kelly, i am so sorry that happened to you. please let me or brian know if we can do anything for you. that truly is horrible & shouldn't have happened to a good person like you.
Awww. Thank you, Meghan. That's so nice of you. For now, I think I'm okay. I might be moving down the street from your beau! Maybe I'll commission you to help me unpack. :)
Post a Comment