04 December 2008

black and blue yellow and brown.

This is what happens when you have tiny hands and insist on playing Bloody Knuckles with all your guy friends, including the ones that happen to be 6'4" and 200+ pounds. Heh.



Fuggid.

I slept through all 4 of my alarms today. And just happened to wake up and look at the clock right at 6:08. That is not how I like to get up in the morning; totally throws me off. As a result I am like, comatose today. I can hardly stay awake. No way I'm not taking a nap this afternoon and/or going to bed at like, 8:00.

Still overwhelmed with school. But relieved to find out I'm not the only one; even the veterans at Nolan are super stressed. Our CST revealed to me just yesterday that she's feeling the same way and she's been in this profession for 16 years. Even one of the P.E. teachers--who's been at Nolan for 20+ years--is burned out and kind of at a loss as to what to do about some of these kids. Behavior is a schoolwide issue. It doesn't matter how many books you've read on classroom management or how often your prof talked about discipline procedures. Shit's not that cut and dry; especially in a school with 86% of its enrolled students on Free and Reduced Lunch. I'm hoping the expansion they're working on will alleviate some of this tension--everyone won't be on top of eachother

Doiajfiurh. I just try to keep in mind that there are first year teachers who cry everyday and quit halfway through the year. That ain't me, though. I'll pull through.




Anyway. I had a blast last night at Kayla's and with Grant. He cracks me the fuck up. Fuddy Talk kills me and he's so good at it.

Shid! I totally forgot the fam is decorating the xmasx tree tonight! Awesome. I'll nap at Mom 'n' Dad's and maybe we can play Scrabble or somethin'. Still can't believe it's December already. This year flew by. I guess I should be making New Year's plans?? Ugh.

Lunch time.

No comments: