Woke up an hour ago. Haha. I gotta stop that.
Went to a show in Griffin last night. So fucking weird. I had to write a check over--$5.00 . . . ugh--for the fourth time this week because 1) I'm broke and 2) I still don't have my new credit card. It was a waste, though: Eddie and Pete got in a fight during Roam Alone and they shut the show down. Hahaha. I have never seen Pete mad like that. It was unbelievable. Ihop afterwards.
Dinner with Joe was good. It'd been almost a year since the last time we'd hung out. Still makes me laugh. He's quitting his job and walking the Appalachian Trail in March. Six months of hiking. Amazing.
Dinner with Joe was good. It'd been almost a year since the last time we'd hung out. Still makes me laugh. He's quitting his job and walking the Appalachian Trail in March. Six months of hiking. Amazing.
The doorbell just rang on tv and Davey went to the front door. Hahaha. What a cutie-patootie.
Nervous about school starting. Fucking dreaming about it, for goodness sake. But excited, too. I can't wait to see my students and get my room set up.
Speaking of school: my school didn't make AYP for 08-09. The GADOE just--a week before teachers report--announced more budget shortfalls for 09-10. And Obama and Education Secretary Arne Duncan are pushing a competitive grant program for the highest performing schools in America. Does that make sense to you?? 'Cause it sure as fuck doesn't make sense to me. Clearly, those aren't the schools that need help. Anyway. Sort of disheartened. But I/we'll come through it.
Texting a lot lately. Maybe making a playlist for someone soon.
More work around the house today.

No comments:
Post a Comment