I Swear by The Loved Ones
I've been breaking promises in the dark;
You've been doubting everything in the time we spend apart.
We knew this was a gamble from the start.
Now we've been trying everything just keep our hearts.
If it all burns down, if it all just blows away,
I swear I'll love you to 'til the end.
If it all burns down and you don't come around,
I'll be your friend.
I'm sweating all alone here in the dark;
Are you sleeping soundly all the nights we spend apart?
We knew this was a gamble from the start.
And now I'm trying everything, just to keep your heart.
If it all burns down, if it all just blows away,
I swear I'll love you to 'til the end.
If it all burns down and you don't come around,
I'll be your friend.I'll love you 'til the end.
I'll love you 'til the end.
I'll love you 'til the end.
I'll love you 'til the end.What I live and what I learn;
What we build and what we burn,
I'll love you 'til the end.
While we're on it, the song that most reminds me of him:
I'll Catch You by The Get Up Kids
Can you sleep as the sound hits your ears,
One at a time?
An unspoken balance here;
Unabridged for so many years.
That I should stare at receivers
to receive her
isn't fair.
Don't worry, I'll catch you.
Don't worry, I'll catch you.
Don't ever worry.
Your arms in mine,
any time.
Wouldn't trade anything;
you're still my everything.
To my surprise,
before my eyes,
you arrive.
Don't worry, I'll catch you.
Don't worry, I'll catch you.
Don't ever worry.Still breaking old habits, habits.
You pulled the wool over me;
and I can see everything.
Everything.
Remembering
Jinx removing.
Don't worry, I'll catch you.
Don't worry, I'll catch you.
Don't ever worry.No need for reminding:
You're still all that matters to me.
We've agreed before that there are a few discs that belong only to us (and not just because--with the exception of the first--everyone else thinks they suck): Lucero That Much Further West; HIM Razorblade Romance; and the Blink 182 S/T that came out in 2003.
I fucking miss my best friend.

1 comment:
Dude. I'm not even going to argue with that one.
Post a Comment