12 November 2008

fuck you, miss daisy.

I realized I get paid on the 25th this month and asked Jason Kelly if he's got any openings that week--he's gonna be in and out of town a lot November and December, I think--and he does! I just booked an appointment with him on the 26th to get my other arm/shoulder done; this time, a nurse for my maternal grandmother.

She was a nurse for 30 + years. Lived/worked through the polio epidemic and in a Psych ward for the last half of her career. She taught nursing, too. She is a badass. And she demanded that I include some kind of reference to the beach or ocean in my tattoo. Easy enough, I think. Seashells, probably.

I 'spaced my friend Scott and asked him if he'd like to do pink Out Of Step sheep for me and Rach sometime soon. He's apprenticing at Timeless and happens to be good friends with Jason, too--who suggested that I get something done while he's still beginning (and they're free) so I'll always have a part of a friend's history with me; very cool, I think. Waiting to hear back.

Lunch is over. Back to work, now!




EDIT:


Just bought the following movies at Wal-Mart:



Two-thirds of the bunch are guilty pleasures. And two-thirds of them are about to get watched.

Mediocre Chinese Buddha earlier (my vegetable buns were cold in the middle) followed by a mediocre cup o' joe from Caribou. Yikes. Glad I finally fulfilled my shit movie craving. Ha.

No comments: