13 November 2008

♥

I am worn . . . out.

My classes today were so up and down. One class, amazing; the next, off the walls. As frustrating as this rollercoaster gets, though, the barrage of hugs at the end of the day during dismissal makes it all better.

The perfect evening would (and hopefully will) consist of:
  • a hot shower;
  • a nap in my big, warm bed;
  • Harmony;
  • and movies on the couch under mah new, extra soft blanket.

The Bukkake Boys' record release is tonight. I'm friends with most of the band and Rachel and Ashley are going. But I'm so wiped. A night in sounds amazing.

We'll see, I guess.

Oh! By the way. Kindergarten is making clay pinch pots this project and to prepare I've been letting them play around with the clay to get used to it (most of them have never used the real stuff). At any rate, Kenterious--a particularly cute and humorous student of mine--walked up to me with a *cough* log of clay proudly displayed in one hand. When I asked what it was, he immediately exclaimed, "a pirate ship!" But what I heard was, "a pile of shit!" I could not stop laughing. I had to ask him a couple more times what, exactly, it was he'd said.

The perks of being an elementary school (Art) teacher, yeah?

In the mood to make art again. Dunno if it'll happen.





Post Script: Amazing how one, "I miss you," from the right person can stick in your mind and brighten your day.

No comments: