13 February 2009

man, that school shit is a joke.

I don't have much to say other than you reap what you sow. And wit doesn't hold much weight against loyalty, no matter how biting it may be. Have fun with all the turnabout that's fast on your heels. The coming events ought to be entertaining for those of us standing by for lack of real interest. I've seen this same scenario play out over and over again the last ten years. It's not new. You're tourists. You visit. You come and go, shuffling in and out, collecting souvenirs. Looking the part, but making sure to keep your distance. And then complain when everyone sees through your bullshit--some weak facade you've constructed out of a well-placed dude/girl, a few visible tattoos, and a new pair of applicable kicks or whatever. Throw in some desirable records that you talk about a little too loudly and a little too often and you're set for a while. Tiring, at best. But not violence-inducing. Not on my part, anyhow.

In other news, I'm quitting life and moving to McDonough.

Not really. But I daydream about it. Ha. Growing up is not all it's cut out to be. I could care less about the money I make and the summers I have off and the bragging rights that I earned when I graduated with a BFA and landed this job. I'm tired of posturing. Tired of keeping up appearances and stacking paperwork and checking my box in the office. "We don't want to compare you to Ms. _____, but she had artwork up all over the school." Well. Then. Refrain from qualifying your statements with phrases like that one and I won't assume that you're expecting a repeat performance. I'm not Ms. _____. I'm over it.

I have neither the time nor the energy to (actually) teach. I am a disciplinarian and a showman. I'm not a teacher, as badly as I want to be and as much as I love my students.

Sigh.

Saw four of my favorite gentlemen last night, including my significant other. He may be the sweetest, most genuine boy I've ever met. I think we're spending tonight and Sunday night together since he's working Valentine's Day. Friday the 13th this evening, I hope. So excited. I miss Pete, though. Where are my phone calls?!

Monday off, by the way.

Starved to make art. I got sad looking through the art supplies and equipment I've collected over the years for photo crap yesterday. Blah. Drawing something today maybe.

To work, I guess. IOLdsfoirjgearpoifjmads.

No comments: