You really think that you’re bigger than this,
To the tune of ten thousand lisps.
Who would have thought we’d represent,
When I can’t take a compliment?
Overexposure is the key;
And any focus on me
Is appreciated,
As it should be.
No wonder now,
I finally found
The right formula for . . .
You taught me how,
I play the fool.
Every mistake that I make,
I couldn’t have made without you.
What’s said is done.
And plain to see,
You take it all too seriously.
What better way to make an honest mistake
Than a televised hand of fate.
When the world’s closing in on you,
A decision would be overdue.
Now nothing left is out of hand;
A stronger jaded man stands.
If the world is ending
Then we toast to it.
I’m stronger now
But not without
The right formula for . . .
You taught me how
I play the fool.
Every mistake that I make,
I couldn’t have made without you.
What’s said is done.
And plain to see,
Here’s all you get from me.
Here’s all you get from me.
I’m down for whatever.
What’s there left to wait for?
I’m down for whatever.
What’s there left to wait for?
Wait for?
I wait.
You taught me how,
I play the fool.
Every mistake that I make,
I couldn’t have made without you.
What’s said is done.
And plain to see,
Here’s all you get from me.
I have a lot of work to do: finish two lesson plans; grade six class' worth of assessments; straighten house.
I'd like to get tattooed. We'll see if I get around to it. Champ thinks I'm an idiot for getting another hand tattoo; I don't give a shit. Speaking of Champ: he leaves Thursday for nearly three months. I'm dreading it. But I'm genuinely excited for him, too. This is why:
10/20: Baltimore, MD @ Sonar (w/ Ruiner)
10/21: Richmond, VA @ Canal Club (w/ Swamp Thing)
10/22: Atlanta, GA @ MJQ (w/ Swamp Thing)
10/23: Orlando, FL @ Blackbox Collective (w/ Swamp Thing)
10/24: Tallahassee, FL @ Beta Bar (w/ Swamp Thing0
10/25: Birmingham, AL @ Cave 9 (w/ Swamp Thing)
10/26: Jonesboro, TN @ Commonwealth
10/27: Tulsa, OK @ Pinkeye
10/28: Austin, TX @ Red 7 (w/ Bitter End)
10/30: Phoenix, AZ @ Modified Arts
10/31: Anaheim, CA @ Chain Reaction
11/01: Berkeley, CA @ Gilman (w/ Sabertooth Zombie)
11/02: Portland, OR @ Satyricon (w/ Cower)
11/03: Tacoma, WA @ Viaduct (w/ ON)
11/05: Denver, CO @ Marquis Theatre
11/06: Mission, KS @ Mission Theatre
11/07: Minneapolis, MN @ Triple Rock
11/08: Madison, WI @ Club 770 (w/ Convicted)
11/09: Chicago, IL @ Beat Kitchen (w/ Convicted)
11/10: Covington, KY @ Mad Hatter w/ Convicted
11/11: Detroit, MI @ Magic Stick (w/ Convicted)
11/12: Cleveland, OH @ Peabodys (w/ Convicted)
11/13: Pittsburgh, PA @ Roboto Project (w/ Convicted)
11/14: Syracuse, NY @ Klub Polski (w/ Convicted)
11/15: Boston, MA @ The ICC (w/ New Lows)
11/16: Philadelphia, PA @ First Unitarian Church (w/ New Lows)
11/17: Manhattan, NY @ Knitting Factory (w/ New Lows)
11/18: Maplewood, NJ @ Garden State Music (w/ New Lows)
11/19: Deer Park, NY @ Deer Park VFW (w/ New Lows)
11/28: Jyvaskyla, Finland @ Lutakko
11/29: Lappeenranta, Finland @ Monari
11/30: Helsinki, Finland @ Semifinal
12/01: St. Petersburg, Russian Federation @ Orlandina
12/02: Moscow, Russian Federation @ Plan
12/04: Athens, Greece @ Texas Necropolis
12/05: Hasselt, Belgium @ Muziekodrome (w/ Cruel Hand, Carpathian)
12/06: Amersfoort, Netherlands @ De Kelder (w/ Cruel Hand)
12/07: Manchester, UK @ The Phoenix (w/ Cruel Hand, Carpathian)
12/08: Newport, UK @ TJ's (w/ Cruel Hand, Carpathian)
12/09: London, UK @ Underworld (w/ Cruel Hand, Carpathian)
12/10: Nantes, France @ Le Ferrailleur (w/ Carpathian, Cruel Hand)
12/11: Madrid, Spain @ Barracudas (w/ Carpathian, Cruel Hand)
12/12: Barcelona, Spain @ Casal Jove De Roquetes (w/ Carpathian)
12/13: Toulouse, France @ TBA (w/ Cruel Hand, Carpathian)
12/14: Wiesbaden, Germany @ Schlachthof (w/ Carpathian)
12/15: Hamburg, Germany @ Hafenklang (w/ Cruel Hand, Carpathian)
12/16: Stockholm, Sweden @ TBA (w/ Cruel Hand, Carpathian)
12/17: Stavanger, Norway @ Metropolis (w/ Carpathian, Cruel Hand)
12/18: Jonköping, Sweden @ China (w/ Cruel Hand, Carpathian)
12/19: Essen, Germany @ JUZ Papestrasse (w/ Cruel Hand)
12/20: Leipzig, Germany @ Conne Island (w/ Cruel Hand, Carpathian)
12/21: Munchen, Germany @ Feierwerk-Hansa 39 (w/ Cruel Hand)
12/22: Dublin, Ireland @ Eamon Dorans
Prouder than proud.
ALSO! Stan, Rachel, Tomas and I had Fox Brothers' and saw Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist last night. AH-mazing. Norah is definitely Straight Edge = WE WIN!
Suppose I should get to work. Boo.
To the tune of ten thousand lisps.
Who would have thought we’d represent,
When I can’t take a compliment?
Overexposure is the key;
And any focus on me
Is appreciated,
As it should be.
No wonder now,
I finally found
The right formula for . . .
You taught me how,
I play the fool.
Every mistake that I make,
I couldn’t have made without you.
What’s said is done.
And plain to see,
You take it all too seriously.
What better way to make an honest mistake
Than a televised hand of fate.
When the world’s closing in on you,
A decision would be overdue.
Now nothing left is out of hand;
A stronger jaded man stands.
If the world is ending
Then we toast to it.
I’m stronger now
But not without
The right formula for . . .
You taught me how
I play the fool.
Every mistake that I make,
I couldn’t have made without you.
What’s said is done.
And plain to see,
Here’s all you get from me.
Here’s all you get from me.
I’m down for whatever.
What’s there left to wait for?
I’m down for whatever.
What’s there left to wait for?
Wait for?
I wait.
You taught me how,
I play the fool.
Every mistake that I make,
I couldn’t have made without you.
What’s said is done.
And plain to see,
Here’s all you get from me.
I have a lot of work to do: finish two lesson plans; grade six class' worth of assessments; straighten house.
I'd like to get tattooed. We'll see if I get around to it. Champ thinks I'm an idiot for getting another hand tattoo; I don't give a shit. Speaking of Champ: he leaves Thursday for nearly three months. I'm dreading it. But I'm genuinely excited for him, too. This is why:
10/20: Baltimore, MD @ Sonar (w/ Ruiner)
10/21: Richmond, VA @ Canal Club (w/ Swamp Thing)
10/22: Atlanta, GA @ MJQ (w/ Swamp Thing)
10/23: Orlando, FL @ Blackbox Collective (w/ Swamp Thing)
10/24: Tallahassee, FL @ Beta Bar (w/ Swamp Thing0
10/25: Birmingham, AL @ Cave 9 (w/ Swamp Thing)
10/26: Jonesboro, TN @ Commonwealth
10/27: Tulsa, OK @ Pinkeye
10/28: Austin, TX @ Red 7 (w/ Bitter End)
10/30: Phoenix, AZ @ Modified Arts
10/31: Anaheim, CA @ Chain Reaction
11/01: Berkeley, CA @ Gilman (w/ Sabertooth Zombie)
11/02: Portland, OR @ Satyricon (w/ Cower)
11/03: Tacoma, WA @ Viaduct (w/ ON)
11/05: Denver, CO @ Marquis Theatre
11/06: Mission, KS @ Mission Theatre
11/07: Minneapolis, MN @ Triple Rock
11/08: Madison, WI @ Club 770 (w/ Convicted)
11/09: Chicago, IL @ Beat Kitchen (w/ Convicted)
11/10: Covington, KY @ Mad Hatter w/ Convicted
11/11: Detroit, MI @ Magic Stick (w/ Convicted)
11/12: Cleveland, OH @ Peabodys (w/ Convicted)
11/13: Pittsburgh, PA @ Roboto Project (w/ Convicted)
11/14: Syracuse, NY @ Klub Polski (w/ Convicted)
11/15: Boston, MA @ The ICC (w/ New Lows)
11/16: Philadelphia, PA @ First Unitarian Church (w/ New Lows)
11/17: Manhattan, NY @ Knitting Factory (w/ New Lows)
11/18: Maplewood, NJ @ Garden State Music (w/ New Lows)
11/19: Deer Park, NY @ Deer Park VFW (w/ New Lows)
11/28: Jyvaskyla, Finland @ Lutakko
11/29: Lappeenranta, Finland @ Monari
11/30: Helsinki, Finland @ Semifinal
12/01: St. Petersburg, Russian Federation @ Orlandina
12/02: Moscow, Russian Federation @ Plan
12/04: Athens, Greece @ Texas Necropolis
12/05: Hasselt, Belgium @ Muziekodrome (w/ Cruel Hand, Carpathian)
12/06: Amersfoort, Netherlands @ De Kelder (w/ Cruel Hand)
12/07: Manchester, UK @ The Phoenix (w/ Cruel Hand, Carpathian)
12/08: Newport, UK @ TJ's (w/ Cruel Hand, Carpathian)
12/09: London, UK @ Underworld (w/ Cruel Hand, Carpathian)
12/10: Nantes, France @ Le Ferrailleur (w/ Carpathian, Cruel Hand)
12/11: Madrid, Spain @ Barracudas (w/ Carpathian, Cruel Hand)
12/12: Barcelona, Spain @ Casal Jove De Roquetes (w/ Carpathian)
12/13: Toulouse, France @ TBA (w/ Cruel Hand, Carpathian)
12/14: Wiesbaden, Germany @ Schlachthof (w/ Carpathian)
12/15: Hamburg, Germany @ Hafenklang (w/ Cruel Hand, Carpathian)
12/16: Stockholm, Sweden @ TBA (w/ Cruel Hand, Carpathian)
12/17: Stavanger, Norway @ Metropolis (w/ Carpathian, Cruel Hand)
12/18: Jonköping, Sweden @ China (w/ Cruel Hand, Carpathian)
12/19: Essen, Germany @ JUZ Papestrasse (w/ Cruel Hand)
12/20: Leipzig, Germany @ Conne Island (w/ Cruel Hand, Carpathian)
12/21: Munchen, Germany @ Feierwerk-Hansa 39 (w/ Cruel Hand)
12/22: Dublin, Ireland @ Eamon Dorans
Prouder than proud.
ALSO! Stan, Rachel, Tomas and I had Fox Brothers' and saw Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist last night. AH-mazing. Norah is definitely Straight Edge = WE WIN!
Suppose I should get to work. Boo.

No comments:
Post a Comment