What a great fucking night.
The show was incredible. Saw lots of friends; good turn out for a Monday evening. Lewd Acts was intense. It's the first time in years I've seen a vocalist and guitar player get down off the stage and into the crowd. So good.
Went to Rachel and Stan's afterward and hung out with them and Tyler from Lewd Acts while he tattooed Josiah a.k.a. Sebastian (for the very first time, no less). Poor Bastian--he was miserable.
Just walked in a few minutes ago. I am exhausted, but it's well worth it.
A few things to take care of tomorrow, the most important being myself. I need a day alone to collect my thoughts and psych myself back up.
I've been considering celibacy again lately. I'm real into the idea of being completely independent. There are some changes I'd like to make--of the life-long variety--and I want to make them entirely on my own, free of (unnecessary and potentially harmful) distraction.
It's a lot to think about; particularly to what degree the idea/practice of celibacy is just a product of Judeo-Christian doctrine. I guess if I know for myself that it's not about being 'virtuous' and more about discipline, self-control, personal commitment--sort of like mah Straight Edge--it makes more sense.
At any rate, it's been a long time coming, I'd say. We'll see how it all pans out!
Sleep.

No comments:
Post a Comment