19 October 2008

squirrels.

So far, this weekend has been fucking awesome. Not exactly restful, but awesome.

Friday night I saw Jason's band Phalanx play their first show. It was so good. They were great. And it was really, really nice to see Jason doing what he loves. He beats the shit out of his drums, by the way. As an added bonus, I got to meet Meghan's beau BT and do some catching up and I ran into Matt Smith and Rick DSC, too. Graham Thomas and his beaded Indian choker also made an appearance, which was interesting, to say the least.

I dipped out right after, just like I said I would. Cleaned house and passed out.

Yesterday was AH-mazing. Woke up early and cleaned more. Spent most of the day at Liberty with Rachel while she got her Rosie the Riveter tattoo finished up. She was a fuckin' trooper. She and Eric decided to close out the top of the tattoo with roses and thorns and she sat through the linework and the shading and the color. When we left (four hours later) I said, "I didn't realize you were gonna let him do all that today," and she replied that neither did she. Hahaha.

Her husband Stan and our friend Aaron met us at the shop and we all went to Fox Bros. Jason came, too, and got to witness the veritable fucking comedy hour that is Rachel and Stan together. Stan and Aaron headed to the house show and the rest of us went for coffee.

House show after coffee. It was short; still fun. I can't remember the last time I went to one. But I love them. Nap afterward at the boys' house (they're all out of town, save for Matt). I stole Champ's bed for a minute and cuddled with Ben the Boston. Woke up. Stopped by Icehouse to see Jason. I came bearing gifts of the tummy-settling sort--apparently, Fox Bros. didn't sit well with him and he needed a vanilla shake + tums to nip it in the bud. Haha! Stayed a while. Then came home and crashed.

NOW, I'm up early. Had breakfast. 'Bout to write a lesson plan. Visit Mom 'n' Dad--who I haven't seen in a fucking week. Maybe meet up with Jason? And see another show. In other words: I'm busy as hell.






Speaking of tattoos--three paragraphs ago--I made an(other) appointment with Jason Kelly for 30 October 2008. I'm getting gypsy head variations on either shoulder. A nurse and a secretary; one for each of my grammas. They're a birthday present to myself. I am super excited.




I suppose I should get to work. Ugh.




EDIT:

Lesson plan has been written. Got an oil change. Went with Mom to get a new dishwasher and groceries. Jamie's on her way home from Athens and we're all watching the new Indiana Jones tonight. I'm tryin' to get a Scrabble tournament going. Not to mention, the weather is perfect. What an awesome day.

I mentioned to my mom today that I haven't had my meds in a week--because my doc prescribed an odd quantity, the pharmacy has to get prior approval from the doctor, who has to get prior approval from BC/BS; long, drawn out process--and she was genuinely surprised. And pleased. I am, too. I guess I hadn't realized that I'm actually doing alright without them. I think I know why, but I don't wanna jinx myself.




Ooh! Mom just turned on the SNL she tivoed last night featuring Tina Fey, Sarah Palin, and Josh Brolin. HA! Gotta go.

No comments: