10 October 2008

teacher workday.

Today--as the title suggests--is a teacher workday. And I have to admit, it's creepy as hell. Walking into school was really strange. No kids. No buses. No carpool. Right now, the entire school is silent, for the most part.

Frankly, I don't like this no kids business. It is weird.

I DO, however, like that I get to hang out in my classroom all day without worrying about whose class is coming in next and what we're supposed to be doin'. I have quite a list of things to accomplish today, but judging from what I'm doing currently (blogging??), I think there's a good chance I won't get around to them. Heh.
  • Grade artwork and assesments and submit grades to be added to report cards (this HAS to be done);
  • File any loose artwork;
  • Restock shelves and put new(er) orders away;
  • Replace table numbers ('cause they looked like crap after 2 weeks from kids picking at 'em);
  • Three new bulletin boards + a Word Wall;

And finally:

  • Organize storage closet and kiln room.

We'll see what I get around to. Ha.

Last night, Harmony with Rachel and Stan was awesome. They crack me up. I never thought Rachel and I would be friends, but I'm so glad we are. She's a down ass broad.

Speaking of Rachel and Stan: I might hitch a ride with them to the Carolinas this weekend for the Holy Crows shows. I haven't decided yet. I'm not sure that I have the money. Tonight, I'm goin' to see Quarantine with Tomas, though; SO excited. I'm gonna be scared shitless.

My birthday is in 2.5 weeks. I will be 25 years old and Straight Edge for nine years (gimme ten!). I have no idea what I'm doing but it's going to be spectacular. It's on a Wednesday. I'm considering taking the next day off, too. But we'll see. That weekend is Halloweeeeen! And the following weekend is the GAEA Fall Conference, which I will be attending. We're leaving Thursday and coming back Saturday or Sunday, I believe.

I'm a busy girl, I guess.

OH! I totally forgot. Yesterday, my second graders discovered that when they push on my skin, it changes color i.e. from white to whiter. They were amazed and almost poked/pinched my arm off. Apparently, they don't do that. Their skin stays the same. Haha. Learn something new everyday, huh?!

I oughta get to work. *Siigghhh . . . *

No comments: